Aberdeen — 25 June 2016
Aberdeen Armed Forces Day
- Union Street,
Bring the whole family to watch the impressive parade of serving military men and women, veteran associations, cadet and youth organisations, accompanied by local pipe bands. The parade will start at 11:00, marching from Alford Place (AB10 1YD), down Union Street, finishing at the Castigate.
The parade is a celebration of the history and proud record of the Armed Forces, and allows the people of Aberdeen to show their respect for the role the Armed Forces play within our society.
After the parade, bring the whole family to see the Armed Forces’ Village at Bridge of Don Barracks, Bridge of Don, 12:00 pm – 05:00 pm. This will include:
- Police, Ambulance & RNLI equipment and vehicles
- See Grampian Transport Museums’ Saracen tank, armoured car & other vintage vehicles
- Camouflage face painting
- Talk to living historians dressed up in WW1 uniform
- Handle historical objects from The Gordon Highlanders Museum
- Fantastic display from the veterans at 1:00 pm
- Armed Forces Charities
- Climbing wall and more!