Doncaster — 2 July 2016
Doncaster Armed Forces Day Celebration
There are loads of activities and fun things to do including:
- Military parade through the town centre
- Free face painting
- Mini circus workshop
- Military climbing wall and military vehicles
- At approximately 9:45am the parade leaves from Sir Nigel Gresley Square. It will travel along Waterdale; College Road; Duke Street; St Sepulchre Gate; High Street (with a salute to be taken at the Mansion House at 10am); Wood Street and back to Sir Nigel Gresley Square.
- At 10:30 there will be a welcoming speech by the Civic Mayor of Doncaster as the parade returns to Sir Nigel Gresley Square.
- There will be an open-air Service of Thanksgiving with a short act of worship in acknowledgement of the contribution made by serving and former Armed Forces personnel.
- At 10:45 there will be a range of entertainment and activities for all ages including live performances by various artists in Sir Nigel Gresley Square.
- There are exhibits from military support groups, veterans groups and organisations linked to Armed Forces around the square.
A chance to meet your local Armed Forces. An opportunity for all to share memories with veterans and look at related displays and exhibits of war-time memorabilia in the one-stop shop in the Civic Office.
The Armed Forces Day flag will be lowered and the event ends at about 2pm.