1 July 2018
Armed Forces Day Folkestone – 2018
- Clifton Gardens
Folkestone CT20 2EB
Commencing at 11am on Sunday 1st July this fun day is a free event with the recognition of Service Personnel, Veterans and Cadets past, present and future the prime focus.
For the first time, this year’s event will also extend in to the Leas Cliff Hall with a comprehensive entertainment programme to include Band of Corps of Royal Engineers, Blue Falcons Gymnastic Display Team and acts such as the Lindy Hoppers, Daisy Belles and The Silhouette Show.
We are also very excited to have the world foremost youth Imps Motorcycle Display Team to dazzle with their outstanding routines in the grass arena area to the front of The Grand Hotel.
The area to the rear of the bandstand is dedicated to stalls including a field kitchen, cadet’s laser shooting tents, face painting, military benevolent organisations, vehicle displays, Great War Trench Experience, small funfair, Battle of Britain and weapon display stand to name but a few.
Veterans will be present on the day and many will engage with the public about their experiences in service.
Those attending will have the opportunity to visit the many stands and stalls supporting Armed Forces Day including the Royal British Legion, BLESMA, SSAFA, RAFA, RNLI who also offer a wide range of support and advice to Service Personnel.
Stands and displays (from 10am):
– Royal Gurkha Regiment weapons display
– MOD vehicles
– Battle of Britain Experience
– Spitfire, Hurricane & ME109 Aircraft Static Displays
– BLESMA, RBL, RNLI, SSAFA, Step Short, Help for Heroes
– Army Cadets with laser rifle range and face painting.
– Folkestone & Hythe Sea and Marine Cadets
– Air Cadets
– Formal parade
– Local schools
– Small funfair
Entertainment programme Commences at 11.00 – 4.30pm:
– Imps Motorcycle Display Team
– Band of Corps of Royal Engineers
– Blue Falcons Gymnastic Display Team
– Andrews Sisters Tribute Act
– Combined Bands of the Folkestone & Hythe Sea and Marine Cadets
– Military Wives Choir – Shorncliffe
– Lindy Hoppers WW1 Themed Dance Act
– The Silhouette Show – Female Vocal and Dance WWI Tribute Act
– Tug ‘o’ War Cadets Competition
– School Choir and Drama Performances
– Kukri Knife display
– Kent Military Community Choir
There will be an outside radio broadcast and also a master of ceremonies and speaker introducing the entertainment programme and also publicising the range of support available to the Armed Forces community whilst encouraging visitors to support the online Armed Forces Day campaign.