Bolton — 26 June 2021
Bolton Armed Forces Day
• Armed Forces Day flag raised on the Town Hall on Monday 21st June to signify Armed Forces week in Bolton followed by the annual Veterans luncheon in the Town Hall for us to say thank you for their services.
• HMS Dido mast head flag ceremony
• Opening ceremony led by the Vicar of Bolton on Saturday 26th June with the Mayor of Bolton, Deputy Lieutenant of Greater Manchester, Duke of Lancaster Regiment, our local 216 Royal Artillery Battery, Bolton United Services Veterans Association (established 1906) , other veteran organisations and Bolton’s combined forces cadets
• Cadet marching display and inter cadet competitions challenging for the Cadet Challenge Shield (obstacles courses, tug of war etc.)
• All day challenge activities run by Joint Services, Bolton Wanderers Community Trust, Council Youth Service Team and Combined Forces cadets
• Gazebos to include Armed Forces recruitment – opportunities, information, advice and support for veterans and people interested in Armed Forces careers, Bolton History Museum with World War archive material on display, Bolton Armed Forces 4 Veterans to explain their role and offering advice and a host of other military associated stalls.
• All day exhibitions – displaying photographs, news cuttings, uniforms, history of Bolton at war and its relationship with the Army, Navy and Air Force
• Our local radio station Bolton FM will be commentating all day and broadcasting live
• We are hoping the Lancashire Artillery (V) Band will be able to attend to perform on the Town Hall steps
• Sunset flag ceremony and closing speeches.