Gloucester — 29 June 2019
Gloucester Armed Forces Day
Parade from Gloucester Cathedral to Back Badge Square in front of the Soldiers of Gloucestershire Museum at Gloucester Docks.
The event is open to everyone to visit, invites for the parade include all local Regular, Reserve, Veteran and Cadet organisations.
Stalls from military charities such as RBL, SSAFA and more, many invites have been issued.
Timings: 1230 to 1700
Parade starts at 1230 from Gloucester Cathedral; via Westgate and Southgate Streets to the Docks, entering the Docks just before the Tall Ship pub. Then turns towards Back Badge Square, in front of the Soldiers of Gloucestershire Museum.
Stalls open from 1230 until 1700.
Entertainment from 1340 until 1700. Subject to change the programme is below:
- 1230 – parade starts
- 1240 to 1300 – arrival of parade at the Docks
- 1300 – Background Music
- 1330 – Civics Flag Raising event
- 1340 – speech by COSARRC
- 1345 – Some pomp and ceremony with the RM band
- 1430 –The Cotswold Male Voice Choir. A nice nautical twist with a couple of land based weepies to add contrast
- 1510 to 1645 – NAAFI Bop style element with interchange between The Hush and Tyler Evans
- 1645 – Background music
At some time during the day hopefully a flypast of historic aircraft (weather permitting). A spitfire has been confirmed at this stage.
Stalls include an APC 432, a REME Service Recovery Vehicle, and many other military related organisations from the cadets and veterans alike.