Guildford — 27 June 2015
Guildford Armed Forces Day – National Event 2015
- Stoke Park,
On Saturday 27 June, the Armed Forces Day military parade will begin at 11.30am from the bottom of the High Street to Stoke Park, with hundreds of Armed Forces personnel, veterans and cadets taking part.
From 10.30am food and drink stalls and static displays will be open in Stoke Park, followed by the live action show at 1pm, with free access to the park throughout the day.
Free parade, displays, entertainment and live action
No tickets are required to watch the parade or enter the free Stoke Park show.
Guildford Borough Council and partners are planning an exciting line-up of family focused activities for about 60,000 people. The live military displays will feature:
- Red Arrows flypast
- Household Cavalry Regiment’s musical ride
- Royal Navy’s Swordfish bi-plane flypast
- Band of the Royal Marines
- Royal Air Force Falcons
- Royal Signals ‘White Helmets’ motorbike display team
- Queen’s Colour Squadron of the Royal Air Force
- Battle of Britain Memorial Flight flypast
- Royal Army Physical Training Corps gymnastic display 3rd Battalion Princess of Wales’s Royal Regiment Infantry display
- Royal Navy’s sole official parachute display team the ‘Raiders’.
In addition to From The Jam, the live music and entertainment on the Guildford Fringe Stage and Arena Stage at Stoke Park will include:
- From the Jam
- Charlotte Jaconelli from Britain’s Got Talent
- Rock Choir
- Patriot Girls – West End leading ladies who sing
- Tenor opera singer Thomas Hobbs
- Guildford College Performing Arts – dance
- Aldershot Military Wives Choir
- Firefly live music and poetry
- Remix Voices – choir
- Samuel Haughton – comedy singer
- Bollywood dancing
- Performance Preparation Academy (PPA) – singers
- Local folk singer Majella Yorston
- Military bands
Entertainment will continue until 7.30pm when the event closes.
More acts and detailed information will be announced as we get nearer the time.
For further information on travel and event updates go to www.guildfordarmedforcesday.co.uk or call us on 0330 1230088.