Hexham — 25 June 2016
Hexham’s Armed Forces Day Celebration
- Beaumont Street,
Come and enjoy a free, family fun day in Hexham to support Armed Forces Day!
An opportunity to raise public awareness of the contribution made by those who serve and have served in Her Majesty’s Armed Forces, this will also show our support for the men and women who make up the Armed Forces community.
Throughout the day there will be a display of military vehicles and equipment with personnel from the 3rd Regiment Royal Horse Artillery; the “Voices and Choices” WW1 display in the Queen’s Hall; and stalls specialising in arts, crafts and military. Other highlights include:
- 10.00 – 10.20 – Classic vehicle parade from Corbridge Road to Beaumont Street (the vehicles will then be on display in Beaumont Street/The Sele).
- 10.30 – Supported by Cadets lining Beaumont Street, troops from the Fifth Fusiliers – led by its marching band – will march up Priestpopple, Battle Hill and Beaumont Street.
- 10.45 – The troops will form up ready for inspection.
- 11.00 – 11.45 – Inspection and address by the Deputy Lord Lieutenant of Northumberland and the Mayor of Hexham, with a reply from the Fifth Fusiliers Inspecting Officer.
- 12.00 – 12.50 – Service of thanksgiving in Hexham Abbey.
- 14.00 – Hexham Brass Band playing at the Bandstand.
- 15.00 – The Reveille Belles (Andrews Sisters tribute band) singing at the Bandstand.