30 June 2018
Manchester Armed Forces Day: A Big Thank You
- St Peter's Square
Manchester M2 5PD
Come along and salute our Forces with a day filled with activities for the whole family to enjoy.
The day starts with The Lancashire Artillery Band playing from 11am, followed by a march past at 11.30am, complete with a spectacular ceremonial firing of guns.
Throughout the afternoon, enjoy music from local bands whilst immersing yourself in military taster activities, including:
– a military display of vehicles, including a tank and Jet Provost cockpit
– the opportunity to try on real military kit and have a go at radio communications with the Military
Veterans Museum UK
– information stalls to find out more about the military, as well as veteran support services
– family-friendly activities, including a climbing wall and face-painting
– delicious food and drink.
Central Library will be open throughout the event – why not pop in and see the fantastic archive material on the local military.
Once again there will be special offers available for Armed Forces personnel and veterans, on production of a Veteran’s Badge or Armed Forces ID card, see the website for details.
Come along to say ‘thank you’ and honour the outstanding contribution made by current members of the Armed Forces and veterans of all ages.
A great day out for all the family in the heart of our city.