Caernarfon — 17–17 June 2017
North Wales Armed Forces Day
- Castle Square,
The day will start with a military parade through the town centre, and will include representatives from all the Armed Forces plus Standard Bearers, Veterans and youth organisations. 3 marching bands will be participating. In addition:
• A Drumhead service, in the shadow of Caernarfon Castle, will immediately follow the parade.
• Static displays from all Arms will be in place across the whole event site, which will be situated along the promenade, allowing the general public to see current equipment, and speak to serving personnel.
• During the day, serving personnel will demonstrate some of their capability through various demonstrations. Thundercat Racing will hold races throughout the afternoon with some serving personnel taking part in the races on the Menai Strait.
• A separate entertainment area will be established where all those attending may enjoy performances from local artists whilst partaking in refreshments.
• Information stands from military charities will be available to offer advice where needed.
It is planned to be a fun day for the public to show their appreciation of Armed Forces personnel, current and past, whilst allowing them to see some of the work the Armed Forces carry out.