Caerphilly — 24 June 2017
South Wales Armed Forces Day
- Crescent Road,
The day will start with a military parade through the town centre, and will include representatives from all the Armed Forces plus Standard Bearers, Veterans and youth organisations. 4 marching bands will be participating. In addition:
- A Drumhead service, in the shadow of Caerphilly Castle, will immediately follow the parade.
- Static displays from all Arms will be in place across the whole event site, allowing the general public to see current equipment, and speak to serving personnel.
- During the day, within the arena, serving personnel will demonstrate some of their capability. A parachute drop is scheduled for late afternoon and the Sea Cadets will carry out their ever popular Gun Run competition throughout the afternoon.
- A separate entertainment area will be established where all those attending may enjoy performances from local artists whilst partaking in refreshments.
- Information stands from military charities will be available to offer advice where needed.
It is planned to be a fun day for the public to show their appreciation of Armed Forces personnel, current and past, whilst allowing them to see some of the work the Armed Forces carry out.