Denton — 30 June 2018
Tameside Armed Forces Day 2018
- Acre St
Manchester M34 2AL
• Tameside’s AFD will start with a short remembrance service, giving the wider community a chance to come together in a respectful display of support and understanding.
• Civic reception for ex-service, serving personnel and families of the fallen with the Civic Mayor, Councillors and local dignitaries.
• The remainder of the day will be hosted from a main bandstand where key AFD messages will be relayed in addition to high quality entertainment ensuring a wide breath of engagement opportunities for all.
• Displays by local service units including Reservists and all 3 cadet branches.
• A range of welfare and support services will be present on the day with a focus on service/ex-service support.
• Displays of a range of memorabilia, artifacts, military vehicles and military re-enactment groups.
• Designated Tameside Armed Services Community (T.A.S.C) area designed to encourage inter-generational dialogue and understanding.
• Engagement with a range of civilian uniformed services and groups.
• Displays and engagement opportunities from the Council’s Cultural Services team offering specialist local knowledge in relation to military history and genealogical research.
• A range of exciting physical activities for the public to participate in.
• We intend to provide a wide breath of engagement opportunities for all.