There are lots of pre-existing educational resources available for schools and parents on the topic of the Armed Forces, past and present. We’ve compiled a selection of website links and downloadable resources suitable for students of all ages. Explore the history of our Armed Forces, take part in digital tours and revel in real-life training.
Click the links below to find out more.
Science and engineering:
- Take part in the British Army’s real-life training. From fighting cyber security to army training and catching the hacker.
- Complete Cadet Command tasks, like creating lego models, cardboard bridges and a challenging blindfolded task.
- Explore the science behind parachutes, crack Morse Code and take part in a jungle survival quiz.
- Find out more about the history of the Royal Navy, including a sailor’s food rations and uniform.
- Learn about key events, like The Battle of Britain and WW2.
- Read stories from the past.
- Teach the importance of remembrance, using resources like videos, fact files, music and books.
- Enjoy a range of downloadable resources, from finding the Lancaster Bomber, to amazing inventions and real-life stories.
- Arrange a workshop with the Army Outreach Team.
- Arrange an interactive lesson with the Royal Navy Museum.
- Visit the Royal Air Force Museum.
- Take part in digital tours of trails, expeditions and museums.