Social media and online channels are an important way to spread the word about Armed Forces Day and Reserves Day. See below for our latest digital resources and follow our Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date.
These assets can be used on your personal or corporate social media channels, on office screens, your staff intranet or as a backdrop to any Armed Forces Day events.
‘Join the celebration’ animation
‘A national day to celebrate’ animation
Access a selection of Armed Forces Day images here and check out Defence Imagery to find high-quality imagery of sailors, soldiers and aviators undertaking recent exercises and operations. New images of Armed Forces Week events will be uploaded from next week.
Cover photos and branded imagery
You can also download and use our Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn cover images below:
Video conferencing backgrounds
If you are using video conferencing in the lead up to Armed Forces Day and Reserves Day, why not download and use one of our backdrops to show your support:
Material made available on this site is subject to Crown copyright protection under the terms of the Open Government Licence unless otherwise indicated.
For more information please see our copyright page.
How to show your support:
You can use these ideas as a way to show your support for Armed Forces Day on your personal or corporate social media channels:
- Use the hashtags: #ArmedForcesDay, #SaluteOurForces or #Cornwall2023
- Follow and tag @ArmedForcesDay on Facebook and Twitter
- Share content from Armed Forces Day social channels to your accounts
- Sign up to the Armed Forces newsletter for the latest updates
- Promote Armed Forces Day events near you
Messages to use:
Below are examples of messaging you can use to promote the work of the Armed Forces on personal and corporate accounts, feel free to customise.
- ”Our world-class Armed Forces work tirelessly to defend the UK and protect our people all day, everyday. Let’s take time to #SaluteOurForces this #ArmedForcesDay.”
- ”We’re supporting #ArmedForcesDay to show our appreciation for the brave men and women who put their country before themselves to protect our way of life.”
- ”The UK Armed Forces work around the clock to protect our way of life and defend UK interests at home and abroad. #ArmedForcesDay is our chance to say thank you.”
- ”We’re proud to support #ArmedForcesDay, when the nation unites to honour the selfless service of the entire Armed Forces community.”
- ”This Armed Forces Day, more than 7,300 sailors, marines, soldiers and aviators will be deployed around the world, serving on 33 operations in 28 countries.”