Armed Forces Day events may be affected by COVID-19. Please contact the individual event organisers, using the contact details provided, for further information on specific events.
Event organisers should refer to the latest COVID-19 Government guidance or seek advice from their Devolved Administration and Local Authority.
The latest COVID-19 Government guidance for mass gatherings can be found on gov.uk: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/covid-19-guidance-for-mass-gatherings
Guidance on Process
Want to tell the public about your Event? Register it here and we’ll post it’s details on this website for everyone to see!
What events can register?
Any event that fits-in with the Armed Forces Day campaign theme can be listed! Unsure if yours does? Well, we’re looking for events that:
- Are held within 2 weeks of the Armed Forces Day, including the weekends (e.g. for 2022, Armed Forces Day is on Saturday 25 June, so that’s Saturday 18 June – Sunday 3 July)
- Have ‘Armed Forces’ in the event title
- Are relevant to today’s serving Armed Forces
- Have free access to members of the ‘Armed Forces Family’ – Serving personnel, Veterans, Cadets and their Families (though charges may be made for parking, programs etc..)
- Are not centred around Fundraising or Recruitment
How do I register?
To register your event you need to tell us the following:
- The event name
- The location/address of your event
- Contact details of the event organiser
- Date, start and finish time of the event
- A bit more about what attendees should expect from the event
Remember to make your description as interesting as possible. Include what you have planned, whether any charities are involved and how much fun attendees will have should they choose to attend your event.
- Parking information
- Disabled access information
- How to access the site (e.g. nearest bus or train station)
- Specific timings for displays and shows
Once you’ve submitted your event, we’ll check to see if it fits our event terms and conditions, if it does we’ll add it to our map.
Apply for funding
Once you’ve registered your event, you will receive a confirmation email within three working days. This email contains a link to submit an application for funding. Visit the Event Funding page for full details.
View our Privacy Statement and Cookies Policy to find out about how we look after your data.