The Ministry of Defence offers a grant for Armed Forces Day events up to the value of £10,000, depending on the size and format of the event. This grant is match-funded and can cover up to half the total cost of the event. For example, If the total cost of the event is £10,000 and you raise £5,000, the grant could cover up to £5,000.
To apply for this grant, you must first register your event on the Armed Forces Day website.
Ministry of Defence funding cannot be used to pay for:
- hospitality, including food, drinks and accommodation
- military assets, including displays, equipment or military vehicles
- entertainment, such as bands or musicians, films or other entertainment
- transport for guests or organisers
Ministry of Defence funding can be used to pay for:
- road closures required to hold an event, including to allow for parades and marches
- decorations, flags and banners
- newspaper and radio advertisements to promote the event
- marshalling, security and first aid arrangements for the event
- PA and communications systems
It can take up to three working days for an event to be approved and your confirmation email to be sent. If you have not received your email after three working days, please contact the team on 020 7807 0970.
You can check the status of your application at any time using the link in your email.
Keep a record of the postcode you use to register the event. You must use this postcode to log into the grant page, otherwise our security measures will prevent you from checking the status of your application.
You must provide invoices for all costs being covered by an Armed Forces Day grant. Please ensure your invoices show the costs excluding VAT, as VAT cannot be paid for by Armed Forces Day funding.
By accepting a grant, you agree to complete a survey on your experience of the Armed Forces Day grants process. The team will provide more information on this survey as your application progresses, however you must complete the survey before any grant is paid.
Grant applications are now open. The deadline for completion is 1 March 2020.